Crops: Cherries, Apples and Pears. These crops listed may or may not be planted and employer is not limited to only these crops listed
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Field work begins at assigned time shortly after daylight. Work may be performed during light rain and in high humidity and in freezing or high heat temperatures. The worker may be required to work in the orchard when trees are wet with dew/rain and should have suitable clothing for variable weather conditions. Worker will lift or load up to 60lbs.
The Worker may never ride on agricultural equipment not designed for work related riding purposes or any other non-passenger intended equipment unless instructed and authorized by the employer or supervisor to do so. All work related injuries must be immediately reported to the crew leader, foreman, or supervisor. Workers compensation claims may be presented to any medical provider, through your employer or state agency if applicable.
Full Growing Season Commitment: The worker agrees to be available for work and perform the assigned work for the assigned employer through the full period of employment 06/01/2021 through 10/15/2021, in accordance with section 11 of the ETA 790.
Training: There will be a demonstration period to familiarize workers with job specification and to demonstrate proper methods and other crop specific issues.
General Job Specifications:
1. Must be able to perform all duties within this job description in what can be considered a safe manner adhering to all established orchard safety guidelines, practices and procedures.
2. Must wear all required and assigned personal protective equipment at all times when required to do so. Worker must wear proper clothing and footwear depending on the season. All footwear must be closed-toed and durable due to safety precautions.
3. The Employer or designated worker will provide instructions and general supervision. Workers will be expected to conform to the specific instructions given for each days work.
4. Workers will be required to attend an orientation on workplace rules, policies and safety information.
5. All work sites covered by this clearance order and all facilities of the employer are drug free work places. Workers must not report for work, enter employers property, or perform service while under the influence of or having used alcohol, marijuana or illegal controlled substances. Workers must not report for work or perform service while under the influence of or impaired by prescription drugs, medications, marijuana, alcohol or other substances that may in any way adversely affect their alertness, coordination, reaction response or safety.
6. Individuals who are not employed by the Employer will not be permitted in or adjacent to the work site. In particular, no non-working children may be present at or adjacent to work sites or left in vehicles during the workday. Workers arriving at work with non-working children or other non-workers will be sent home.
7. Workers who are eligible for Employer provided housing will have employer arranged transportation from the housing to the worksite.
All other duties assigned under this order will be those duties of Farm Worker, Diversified Crops, under the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Employment Statistics Standard Occupational Classification Code 45-2092.