This is an application for Christmas Trees. These crops listed may or may not be planted and employer is not limited to only these crops listed.
Specific Job Requirements:
There will be a demonstration period to familiarize workers with specific jobs and to demonstrate proper methods of working.
CHRISTMAS TREE OPERATIONS:
Work in cold, hot, humid and wet weather;
Lift and carry 80-pound trees continuously throughout the day;
Cut trees using hand saw or chainsaw;
Bundle trees, prepare for transport, and load into containers;
Field work and clean up
Other Job Specifications Include:
1. Worker will perform maintenance in Christmas tree fields including cone picking, weeding, hoeing, trunk painting, spreading fertilizer, culturing Christmas trees, base pruning and tagging Christmas trees.
2. Workers must be able to use hand pruners, machetes and other hand tools involved with the harvesting and culturing of Christmas trees.
3. Christmas tree operations, workers must harvest/cut full-grown trees, lift and carry trees up to 80 pounds, and load them into a container, continuously throughout the day.
4. Provide general labor to assist in planting new trees by clearing property, planting seedlings, building trellis, installing irrigation, spreading of composted material and other labor considered necessary to develop new properties.
5. Cares for trees during growing process-recognize tree diseases.
6. Farm clean up tasks to include picking up garbage around the field and harvest landings, Cutting and burning unmarketable trees located in clear-cut sections.
7. Spot weed spraying, Limb removal, Hoeing weeds, Landscaping at the Shop, Office or Housing.
Maintain a safe and healthy work area and report any safety concerns to the supervisor.
Workers can also:
1. Drive tractors
2. Spray and mix chemicals and fertilizers
3. Operate trucks to carry farm equipment, crops and farmworkers
4. Perform general repair of agricultural equipment.
5. Pack crops into containers.
6. Operate farm equipment used in the processes of harvesting Christmas trees. This would include balers, elevators, small tractors and other automated devices.