Worker will be required to hoe or pull weeds as directed by supervisor. For staking, workers will stake with 24-54-inch stakes by hand with stake pounders. Worker will apply tying twine between stakes at spacing intervals designated by supervisor. Worker will be required to pick up hoop wires in field. Workers will fix any blown up or damaged plastic. Worker may be required to re-seed or plant plants in fields depending on season. Worker will pull out of the ground and pick up 24-54-inch stakes placing them in approved container. Worker will conduct field clean up and plastic mulch clean-up which includes pulling out of dirt and picking up plastic mulch and drip tape and moving to driveways or end of fields as instructed. Worker will cut and pick up string and deposit in approved bulk boxes or containers.
1. Worker will fill vegetable flats/seed flats and lay out flats in greenhouse. Worker will be required to load flats from greenhouse to trailer boxes.
2. Worker will lay black/white and tunnel plastic.
3. Workers may be asked at times to jointly lift up to 120lbs of plastic from truck
4. Worker will hook up drip irrigation.
5. Worker will roll up tunnel plastic after/during planting process and will pin wire hoop and clothes pins to the top as directed by supervisor.
Pay will be hourly.
1. Tractor Driving: Worker may be required to operate a tractor and engage in general tractor work, including but not limited to transporting, pulling, pushing, tillage and the loading and unloading of product. Worker will be required to apply pesticides via tractor and sprayer under supervision of licensed supervisor and after receiving appropriate training.
2. Forklift driving: Worker will load and unload both empty and full bins from tractor trailers to semi-trailer or set aside in loading area as directed by supervisor.
3. Bus/Truck driving: If worker is eligible to drive under Michigan law and provides proof of no infraction from official source, Employer may require worker to drive in Employer-provided vehicles to and from the worksite and to locations within 30 miles as directed. Certain employer provided vehicles require the driver to possess a commercial driver license under Michigan law. To be eligible for driving jobs, worker must understand and agree to driving rules, as outlined in work rules below.
4. Trailer driving: If worker is eligible to drive under Michigan law and provides proof of no infractions from official source, Employer may require worker to transport trailers to and from worksites and to locations within a 30-mile radius. Worker will move trailers throughout field/loading area to allow harvest crew to put harvested product on trailer. Each time harvester brings up full bucket of product, worker must give workers badge a single electronic beep. Worker must also inspect for product not meeting quality standards as specified in this document and report to supervisor. To be eligible for driving jobs, worker must understand and agree to driving rules, as outlined in work rules below.
Pay will be hourly.